G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so while devising what I want to use on a Meyer style 0-4-4-0 I've decided I want 2-4-0 or a 2-6-0 cab forward... BUT I realized I didn't know something that was a key in kitbashing these things(steam engines)... I don't know how to attach the motorblocks and such to the cab and still have them removable for service... it's MORE important on the Meyer since the front needs to be articulated, which I'm really confused about. So any help would be appreciated please, THANKS!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
If you have not already done so, I would STRONGLY reccomend reading the masterclass articles. They discuss such things in detail. Without more specifics of which motor blocks you're using and what you want to build, it's a bit difficult to give a definite answer.

On my own project, the chassis is attached to the boiler/cab unit by screws through the backhead and a threaded rod running up through the cylinder saddle and all the way into the stack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.