G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
RE: W, T&A, WWE, or RR?

Actually? First the 1967 movie version of Lerner and Loewe's Camelot (w/Richard Harris and Vanessa Redgrave), followed by some Flash Gordon serials from 1938 (w/ Buster Crabbe and Carol Hughes) lol...

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts

didnt know the state of the union address was on!..until this morning.
I would have liked to watch it..
never heard of "girls next door" or "WWE Monday night"..dont know what they are..

lately the only TV my wife and I watch is House..and the writers strike means no new episodes! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif
(actually there are three new ones left..they are doling them out very slowly)

I also always watch the new episode of Mythbusters on wednesday nights..
thats about it..

Scot

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I have  27 movie chanels.   I do not watch broadcast TV.  AKA  Local Chanels.   Monday night I watched re runs of  THE CLOSER, and a movie calle THE ITIALIAN JOB.  The one with the moris minnies in it.

I didn't watch the  President because  I CANT STAND THE WAY HE TALKS.  It has nothing to do with if he is a good president or bad.  It has nothing to do with anything he did in his two terms.    His manor of speaking anoys the heck out of me.   I personally think he needs some classes in  ENGLISH COMP and SPEACH. 

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By John J on 01/29/2008 6:19 AM
I have  27 movie chanels.   I do not watch broadcast TV.  AKA  Local Channels.  
I am usually set to Fox News anyway. When I switched over to any of the three "local" channels out of Anchorage--200 miles away--there was no escaping the response which followed, which I was trying to avoid. Oh well. . . My point being that on some matters, the State of the Union being one of them, there is really heavy coverage. There was a time here in AK where there were few if any choices in channels and now I have DishNet, so I can hardly complain.

--Ron in AK

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts

Let's see Got home about 5:30. Took the new flourescent light bulbs downstairs and installed them. Answered the phone to talk for a bit with the sister in law. Watched TV (Nickelodeon) with the kids for a bit. Wife got home about 7 and we went to dinner at Friendly's. Got home, changed clothes and did some work on the workshop in the basement.

I HATE HATE HATE the new crop of "daredevil" reality shows or the "look at how vain I can be" reality shows. I do like things like Mythbusters and I really enjoy SciFi when they have somehting worthwhile to watch. Ghosthunters and WWE aren't it and I quit watching that channel because of it. Honestly I watch Movies more than anything and get my news locally online and thru the Weather Channel first thing in the morning.

My mother prefers BBC anymore. She says the news is not as biased.

Chas

·
Premium Member
259 Posts

I went to work. First time on Night shift in years, and really enjoyed it. I forgot all about TV for the first ime in years. Work was more fun.

Cliff

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Ed,

I ended up watching the SOTU speech, for as long as I could take it (about 5 minutes into W's speech).  I thought it was interesting that at once he was pushing for better technology to make gas prices cheaper / mileage better and yet is calling for major budget cuts which always means Amtrak. Anyway, I voted with my dollars a little while ago and bought a roundtrip train ticket to Philly this afternoon to catch a quick dinner with my brothers.  

Anyone else feel like they were watching a dog or pony show?  I felt like I was watching that scene from Blazing Saddles where the GOV says 

"We've gotta protect our phoney baloney jobs, gentlemen! "

I would prefer to watch Girls Next Door, but then I don't know what's worse.  Kendra or W.  At least Kendra's easier of the eyes.
(Girls next door is a 'reality type' show which documents the difficulties associated with living at the Playboy mansion )

Mark

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I turned on the TV to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles (AKA The Terminator). This and hockey are the only TV I deliberately watch now that 24 has disappeared. Unfortunately FOX thought Bush was more interesting. Naught!  Fortunately there was a Batman movie I had not seen before on another channel.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts

Watched "Star Trek Enterprise" on Sci-Fi. Finished, and restarted the series, I think.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I watched a different kind of Bush...;)

The BBC teleproduction of "Day of the Triffids" that I got on DVD, even the wifey was intrested (I think she just likes British accents)
I did work on the layout, but that was well after the State of the Onion address.

Dont feed the plants/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
V,

I read the first line of your reply much much too fast.   ;)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts

I've been going through my box set of "The Prisoner" series (a show that still does not seem dated) while working on my latest bash project.

-Brian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts