G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please vote to save the Navada Northern Railway at the site below before November 30.................

http://www.hamptonlandmarks.com/VoteLandMarkResults.aspx?state=28&statename=Nevada

Please Forward This to every Rail Fan you know.
Ask them to forward it to everybody they know.

If you are not familiar with the Nevada Northern it is important, as it is the only Railroad Museum that was a complete turnkey shortline railroad that just ceased operations and became a museum with everything down to the last railroad spike and wrench in the engine house still in place.
Thanks in advance to all.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Vote early and often.

·
Registered
474 Posts
locoshay,
Thanks for posting the link. I voted and posted over on another forum and have guys voting from that group too! Let's hope all RR museums have good luck and a very prosperous 2009!

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If their computer site is worth its salt it will be recording your computer's net address and all your duplicate votes are discounted... then again they may not really be counting anything (someone has already made up their minds as to what place gets the moola, the voting is just Madison Avenue hype) or someone may actually have a method of repetitive voting and all our piddly votes are a mere drip in the cyber storm.

Well, okay, okay... I voted for one place in each of the States they listed and cast a few extra for N.N.Ry before and after most of each of them!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just so you know its not the railroad that is in danger of being shut down. Its the NN Railway Depot museum. Two different things. The Depot in Ely is owned by the state. The railroad is alive and kicking. http://nevadanorthernrailway.net/throttle/throttle111908.htm

·
Registered
620 Posts
I was told the same thing about the NRHS Rail Camp that is run on the RR. It is the museum NOT the RR that is trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts