G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hey Nick,

Very nice.
Looks like the layout was attracting a lot of attention.
Just got back myself from our one day show and will get some pics and video posted too we did a setup just like yours with the roll out grass and just laid track. Only way to do a display, so much less work than framed modules. Thanks for sharing all the video with us.
The LGB lights looks real good too.

How long were the long straight-aways? How wide was it? I just bought up a bunch of brass track and brass clamps just for shows.

Raymond

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray, Display was 25 ft by 75 ft with 55ft straights and 20ft dia curves very large and very solid for running trains. i also use rail clamps as well.... i thought the display went over well judging by the TONS of comments we heard...

·
Registered
938 Posts
That is great! It's those kinds of displays I think that really seem to attract a lot of attention to the hobby. I was talking with one fellow and he said he had no idea they were making this stuff in Largescale and said the last time he looked the mfgs were only making simple little engines. You kind of come to expect and look for those on the smaller scale modular layouts but few expect to see something like that in this size. It's a lot of work to do the shows but keep plugging away at it Nick.

Raymond

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Posted By Rayman4449 on 02/23/2009 9:10 PM
That is great! It's those kinds of displays I think that really seem to attract a lot of attention to the hobby. I was talking with one fellow and he said he had no idea they were making this stuff in Largescale and said the last time he looked the mfgs were only making simple little engines. You kind of come to expect and look for those on the smaller scale modular layouts but few expect to see something like that in this size. It's a lot of work to do the shows but keep plugging away at it Nick.

Raymond

Yup Ray you are rite, alot of people do not know what is avalible in largescale till they come to a show and see for themselfs what we have to offer. it is a lot of work but it is fun as well thats the only reason i keep doing them. by the way your display looked great........ keep on showin

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks Nick. I really like the way you've done your setup, looks great, covers a lot of space and allows for wide curves.
Best of all you've been bringing your USA BB too which I know just wows them!

Keep up the good work!

Raymond

1 - 7 of 7 Posts