G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Graham took some video of a small group of us steaming in his shed a few days ago on a very cold day, well cold at 12C for us anyway, but it made some good steam plumes. There was a very big mix of things running from my 1:20.3 scale EBT right down to a small brass pot boilered 4-4-2 in 1:48 scale and various Mamods. As a group we embrace all prototypes and scales running on gauge 1 and gauge 0 as we all have different and varied interests.
Hope this video is interesting to all.
Russell

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Thank you Russell and Graham,
Most enjoyable and a wonderful variety of trains running.
Boy, I would like a shed like that for the winter when it is down in the negative degrees, except I would keep the doors closed.
All the best,
David Leech, Canada

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks David, there was no wind and we needed the light (old eyes) so we didn't close all those roller doors but at the temperatures you guys run at we probably would have ! I just saw Deltatrains video and noticed no Canadian depot building put out, he says due to possible bad weather so you are excused.:) I hope you enjoy our little runs as we all do enjoy seeing yours.
Russell

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Russell,
Great stuff. I was fascinated with the Campbeltown and Machrihanish "Chevalier" loco. (2:45 into video) Was it build on a Mamod chassis or just made as an oscillator? Either way, very nice!
Dan

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Captain Dan, the owner of the little oscillator you refer too, tells me it is a Mamod body conversion on a gas fired boiler and standard Mamod chassis. Looks the part doesn't it and performs very well.
Russell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts