G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Brian came over to use my track for a quick steam and run test of his Aster "Spam Can" before handing over to a new owner so I also dragged my Bowande 4MT off the shelf for a run too as it had been sitting unused for well over a year. The Aster Pacific is a three cylinder and a very powerful loco that runs really well but uses water and fuel at prodigious rate so regular checking of water pump by pass setting and fuel/water levels in the tender are needed. It could pull 4 times this load easily.
The Bowande tank loco is gas fired and a single fill boiler runs for 30 minutes so not as much attention needed and a more 'relaxing' run, but driving the Pacific is more challenging and far more fun.
Some shaky shots in this quick video where my camera auto focus was not keeping up so I hope it's still interesting.
Russell

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha , yes David and I actually am, and it's a local Victorian Railways 'standard' small station building found everywhere and suitable for my 1/19 scale Puffing Billy trains and also looks passable to be background for my Isle of Man trains of similar scale.
Here is a pic below of a derelict one and while I like weathering and work worn things I won't be doing it in that poor state of repair.
My fleet of trains is mainly D&RGW, Isle of Man and Puffing Billy in 1/19 1/20 scale and the 1/32 scale trains are virtually all French so this will be the last alternative station (depot) building as I am running out of room to store them!
Russell
Sky Window Building Wood Plant

1 - 3 of 3 Posts