G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
After a few trips around and the photos, Llyn removed the freight cars and continued to run the K with just the five J&S passenger cars. Likewise, I have loaded up my 4-4-0 on occasion also, without having made it slip so far. However, we don't think it a good idea to routinely run our engines to capacity, nor at exceptionally high speed. Such activity can be very hard on the motionwork and, with the probable lack of long-term repair part support from Accucraft, rebushing rods and pin replacement becomes pretty much a do-it-yourself project. Not bad on an engine like the 4-4-0, but I wouldn't relish doing it on a CF.

The combine was made from a plastic J&S coach. I wanted something different than the generic version that will sometime appear from Accucraft. These cars are great kitbashing fodder. I neglected to put BB's in the trucks, but that is on this winter's shop list.

It is currently 43 degrees and raining, with snow forecast for tonight in higher elevations. Guess steaming on the Belden Falls is coming to an end for this season.

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I'm with you, Carl. Congratulations to your grandson!

Larry

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Llyn, now I know why you haven't emailed me about when we were to steam this week.
To all, since I am somewhat computer illiterate and don't own a digital camera, Llyn has been appointed as official Belden Falls Branch Ry company photographer. It's payback for trackage rights on the BF for his K. I will give him the combine assignment once he is ready to get back to work.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts