who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN, not the not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of press.

It is the VETERAN, not the not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN, not the not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN, not the not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN, not the not the politician,
who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN, who salutes the Flag.

It is the VETERAN who serves under the flag !

Thank you to all the men and women of MLS,
who have served our country over the years.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Thanks guys and bless the rest of the vets.

A Viet Nam Vet

Later RJD

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
God bless these brave young men and women around the world today continuing the good fight as the old timers did before.

Thanks vets. Go Army!

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

God bless all.
Rod Fearnley ex CPO Royal Navy 1962/1983

Aden, Indonesian Confrontation, Falklands

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
A special thanks to those who served in the world wars. Today was the 90th anniversary of the end of the first world war - ceremonies were held in Verdun, France. I was stunned today to learn that the Allies and Germans lost a total of 300,000 men killed during the 30 months of that battle alone. Nearly all the WWI veterans are gone now, and it won't be long before most of the men and women who served in WWII will have passed on as well. Their heroism inspired me to join the Air Force 15 years ago. I never piloted a B-17 over Germany, flew a P-51 into battle, or turned a wrench on a B-24 in the cold English rain, but I'm happy I did my small part to continue their tradition of service. Jon Linde, ex Capt., USAF

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
My son, an Iraq vet with 1st CAV in Baghdad and I had a Veterans Day breakfast with some old friends. One young man there is headed to Ft. Hood, TX to join 1st CAV. He's fresh out of AIT. Will probably be deployed soon to the "sandbox". Our thoughts and prayers go with all of these young people serving their country with pride.

Thanks to all our Veterans past and present.

Gary Armitstead US Army Mekong Delta Mobile Riverine Force, 9th INF DIV, Vietnam 1966-67

Thomas Armitstead US ARMY Baghdad, Najaf and Fallujah, Iraq 1st CAV DIV 2004-2005

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Sorry for the late THANK YOU Jim C. I've been under the weather the last few days. You, Jerry and I will have to trade Ft. Eustis stories some time.
Noel
Army 66-83 RVN 67/68
USPHS 83-89
A Old and Worn Out Soldier Who Would Do It Again

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
We had a nice Vet's day here in Lexington, NE. Free breakfast at the military museum at 10, at 11 they had a ceremony, then free lunch in town. Big assembly at the middle school in the afternoon, followed by a big parade downtown which had BIG crowds watching. Very inspiring, patriotism lives here in small towns in Nebraska, very heartwarming. So sad that most places have nothing, not even a newspaper story.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for a complete "Ike" uniform as typically worn by enlisted soldiers during the Korean War. My father (retired US Army Master Sergeant) served as an infantryman and has asked me to assist him in finding a uniform to "be buried in.) Morbid as this sounds, such preparation is typical of a career NCO...hopefully he'll outlive me! In any case, I'm really having a tough time finding a uniform for him (even on the web, perhaps I just don't know where to look) and hopefully someone among you will be able to help. Thank you,

Jackie H. Napper, Jr
SSG USA (Ret.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
As a vet like many of you, I paid the debt of freedom, as did my Brother, Father, Uncles, And there fathers, yet to many times so many forget that we are just ordinary men and women, we server some by choice and some because their country called them, but all in hopes that someday there may be no more need for vets. Some gave all, but all gave. Like many of you, I lost many friends, but in really never lost any of them because they all still live in my heart. For those that served in action this is a fact, but let us not forget those that served in peace, for they still served and with pride would have carried the torch for all. With the world the way it is one must remember that for each man or woman that becomes chooses to wear the uniform of there country there is a special pride, a special bond. Once a lifetime ago a man should before me and said that I now wear the uniform of freedom, but if it is necessary that the we should all be ready to trade it for the blood of freedom. As for me, I am proud I served, and of all those that have served before me, those that serve and those that will yet serve. Let us never forget that freedom is not a given, but a prize, and one worth defending. Bless you all and thank you for your sacrfices.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Posted By Jerry Barnes on 11/09/2008 2:09 PM
Good one Jim! And thank you for your service, fellow Transportation Corps buddy! And all the rest of you on MLS who served!!

Jerry Barnes
Vietnam 1969-1970
National Guard 1977-1996

Army.

Thirty-three years, three hundred and fifty-six days.

No reserve time.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

G

·
0 Posts
From my crazy libertarian friend:

Somehow, he seems less crazy than he used to.

soldiers defend, what they think worth defending.
does the fact, that politicians in all countries tend to abuse our will to serve our countries, belittle our voluntad?

if i understood right, today is Veteran's day in the US.
congrats on that, men.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts