G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Several things should not have happened, two trains one track, but the engine telescoped the lead car, THAT should never have happened in this day and age, I thought the cars were engineered to prevent that? Terrible.

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=CNuzZI-7h4U&feature=related

Heres an eye opener, cab camera of the accident sight, it begins right where the track converge, you can see the signal, this is where the Metrolink forced the points, from here you can see how tight the curve is and how little time one could react to something ahead.

The more I think about it the more I wonder if the engineer hasnt trying to pick his phone up off the floor and never saw it coming

· Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Does anyone know how long does it take between alerter signals, and how long before a un-aknowledged alerter signal activates the brakes?

I ask because I was unaware the engineer was diabetic, I occured to me, if he had just reset the alerter, then had a sudden case of insulin shock and was incapacitated and he blacked out, and this was just prior to the train approaching the signal block, if he couldnt react to the red signal to slow the train down and it rolled thru the switch and almost immediatly into the UP frieght, was all this possible in the time frame between the alerter resets?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.