G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Ed,

I'd have to mark, "None of the above". /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif  Not that I'm going to get off that easy, though.  The morning of the 15th, we board a cruise to Mexico for 10 days of warm sunshine!:cool:

Ed

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Her response to the last Valentine's gift I got her was 2 weeks of rage. No, it wasn't a new garbage can

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I am going to  give a Gift certificate from St aubins.   I am going to be so surprised when  get it.    I am single :D

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
It seems that every gift I have gotten her..since we finally tied the knott...is always not recieved very well...so this year I am ONLY taking her out to dinner and a card...she loves going out to eat on special occasions.

Other then that she feels candy gets old, flowers just die too soon, stuffed animals, after so many, a girl runs out of room!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

Bubba

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Posted By John J on 01/28/2008 7:34 AM

I am going to  give a Gift certificate from St aubins.   I am going to be so surprised when  get it.    I am single :D

One is not always a lonely number....no other attitude to deal with....except your own!;)

Always be careful what you wish for.....you might just get it!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif

Bubba

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Well, since the big D is final on the 30th I won't HAVE a spouse to get anything for. (YIPEE!)...last year I think I spent a $bazillion on flowers since I was nice and gave all the girls at work a pink rose...this year I'm kinda broke.

·
Master of Disaster
867 Posts
Posted By Mik on 01/28/2008 11:57 AM
Well, since the big D is final on the 30th I won't HAVE a spouse to get anything for. (YIPEE!)...last year I think I spent a $bazillion on flowers since I was nice and gave all the girls at work a pink rose...this year I'm kinda broke.

I feel your pain brother!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

When I went through my big "D" ...I only got to keep what I snuck out of the house before I was barred from being there!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif 

Bubba

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Favorite restaurant? Susan would likely have picked for Hy Vee grocery store. Great Chinese there[:D]

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
I have decided on the perfect gift for Valentines Day. 

A trip to Perry, Georgia. Thats right, a all expense paid trip to the Southeast Large Scale Train Show.

Please don't tell. It's a suprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jeff 
Tallapoosa and Southern RR

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
This post was new when the big crash occured. I thought it was a cool subject , so I brought it back to the top hoping to get a few more answers. Lets hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff 
Tallapoosa and Southern

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My lady friend's getting a card, candy, & dinner out at one of her favorite restaurants this coming weekend./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/kiss.gif

She's gradually getting more "into" the hobby./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif  She likes the looks of some of the older (Civil-War era ~ pre-1900) steam locos, such as my Bachmann "Centennial" 4-4-0 & Spectrum 2-6-0 Mogul:) - but what she really gets into are vintage passenger car interiors!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif  - Whenever we've ridden tourist railroads (such as Strasburg or Valley Railroad), I always buy "parlor car" tickets as a result!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif  Although she initially disliked/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/doze.gif the USA Trains' streamlined 1950's-era, Alco-PA powered New Haven RR "Merchant's Limited" I just bought, seeing the lighted passenger cars running on the railroad after dark changed her mind:D.  (But "there's no place settings on the tables in the dining car!"/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue2.gif - I told her that'll be a future super-detailing project, & she can "consult" on it!;)).  She also loves Preiser figures in older clothing styles - I think I've spent more on figures for my current railroad than I have on locomotives back when I was in some of the smaller scales! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

In spite of the fact that I already have a Bachmann 4-4-0 on the roster, she has absolutely "fallen in love"/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/kiss.gif with the "Eureaka & Palisades" version; I think next time I spot one at a good price, I'm going to pick it up!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Dinner, at a very nice place here. 

Maybe a day trip to Santa Barbara or Solvang this weekend, if its warm enough.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
"Maybe a day trip to Santa Barbara or Solvang this weekend, if its warm enough."

Shoulda taken her LAST weekend. Looks like its gonna be significantly cooler this weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts