G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Matt

Here are a couple of ideas.
[*]Get yourself an old refrigerator compressor that still works, if one doesn't pull enough vaccum put two in tandem. [*]Or if you already have a fairly large air compressor already you might try the following. [*]Air vacuum pump from Harbor Freight
Stock# 3952-0VGA [*]McMaster-Carr / Through-Wall Cplg, 6mm Tube OD X 1/4" BSPT Female (if using a vaccum bag)
Part #51115K364
McMaster Carr [/list] [/list]

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Charles

It was a venturi type vacuum adapter that attachés to an air compressor line and it has a ball valve that you can secure the vacuum line after pumping it down. It's been a long time that I've used it and I gave it to one of my friends who started doing automotive AC work, which is where I ran across the device.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Matt

No not really, I wasn't suggesting that the price was out of line really. I'm just a natural born tinkerer and cheap thrifty. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

Additionally, I'm not an expert on much of anything, but I see so much raw material being thrown away and it seems that no one is willing to expend the time and effort to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves. Try doing a google search using the value 'cheap vacuum pump' and see what pops up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.