G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my recently completed USFS Fire Look Out Tower.
I named it “The Rock Pile” for the obvious reasons but also in found memory of the beautiful little resort I spent some time at in Vietnam courtesy of the USMC.. Located on Highway 1 not to far South of the DMZ.

Well that’s it for now. I hope to have my service station done this week.
Ted Johnson
GYT&S RR
(Grit Your Teeth & Spit RR)
Bouse, AZ

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words!
Richard, the sub bed is crusher fines (1/4 -) and the dark stuff on top is valcanic sand (Home Depot). I wet it down well then use a mix of water and concrete adhesive. It hardens up and stays in place yet I can tear it up and change it if I need to.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Nicely done, Ted!!

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Posted By Big65Dude on 08/01/2008 11:17 PM
Back in Ohio, we'd call that a "far tar." /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif" border=0>

I'm an ol' "far tar" myself! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
Nice Job! It reminds me of an abandoned one I climbed one summer evening in Tenn as a kid. I think it was in Natchez Trace Park, but that was like 40 years ago so I'm no so sure.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Nice tower and scene. Are those artifical trees [little christmas trees]? I bought some a few weeks ago on clearance and put on my rock mountain and in some places I don't have room for real ones. They don't look to bad. Added a little to the the looks of the railroad.I just pulled the plastic round bottoms off and stuck the wire in the ground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.