G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i did buying SD40-2 under 40 Buck from Bob Jersen former (UGRS Pres). it Come with woody box case i open the box is a USA Trains SD40-2 Conrail! the part detail is missing part, truck paint sliver, also come with a RCS recevier. RCS "Basic-6"

I gotta get USA Trains SD40-2 missing part detail and RCS Remote Control.

Any idea where i can get RCS Remote Control?

Bryan

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yeah, I do.
Might be someone has just what you need for that.

You might try e-mailing me.

TOC

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank TOC i will e-mail you. I found out i didnt know that SD40-2 is over $610 Value with SD40-2, 18 volt battery, and RCS basic-6 ready to go. when i pay for 40 buck that used locomotive. I test the both motor block run just fine!

There's quite a few things I need to get and/or fix. I added up the cost from USA trains and even if I put another $150 into it, it will still be cheaper than buying a new one. It also will be the way I want it! Hehehe.

Ill send you an email with what I need; let me know what you may have and the cost.

Thanks.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway I weathered the conrail SD40-2. I did remove 2 motor with flywheel now is dummy locomotive for while waiting for RCS part before i order from TOC i will put the motor back on the right place. "NO I DIDN"T" remove the RCS Basic-6,Receiver,18 volt battery.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now i really impress RCS remote control upgrade the new RX8 transmitterand new remote control.. I put motor back in the motor block now i can have powered locomotive. i spend a lot of time having fun pulling rolling stock! this is my first time to have the remote conrol. A special thanks to NWRCS.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
so, I am guessing my instructions worked?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RJ , I learn about weathered paint job from Marty! i love paint heavy weathered.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Dang, wheres the hand rails??? Con rail, i guess the price is right.
You'll like the RCS, and self contained unit. You can bring it and visit. Go pick up JJs derailed cars.

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 10/24/2008 5:02 PM

Go pick up JJs derailed cars.

That will take a very, very, long, long, long time. They're scattered all over the layout. Probably will need a crane as well....

Great buy, Bryan.... They do come along once in a while....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts