G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Premium Member
4,298 Posts
Are you sure that USA Trains made a Becks Beer Box car? Almost all of the USA Trains beer cars are: first refrigerator cars, and second with the exception of Steinlager (New Zealand) all are from North American breweries. LGB did make a 2 axle Becks Beer Box car a number of years ago.

Chuck N

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi all,
excuse me, but i really know, that usatrains built a green 4 axle becks beer car,
but i also know that it is extremely rare.
last month there were two at the bay, and they gone for 100 dollar around,
if i can get one i will pay also 100 bucks.
i have a budweiser from lgb and several other beer boxcars most of usatrains
they have a beer car collection but the becks one is out of production.
but anyway thanks for your interest, maybe there is one who has it and sell it to me.
thanks
bernd

· Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Ok guys, here is the answer. Beck's beer reefer R16265 listed with a picture in a 2001-2002 USA new release catalog and in a 2001 new release catalog. However, in the 2002-2003 full catalog it is not listed. Dark green car with silver ends and roof. It must have been a very limited run. Here is a listing for a closed one on Ebay. It went for considerably more than $100.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-Trains-R16265-Becks-Beer-Refrigerator-Car_W0QQitemZ230274253260QQihZ013QQcategoryZ19156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.