G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately my USAT GP38-2 took a plunge off my ceiling train platform and destroyed the cab and shell. Does anyone know anyone who has a extra shell of any color or scheme laying around that would be willing to part with it. I emailed USAT and they told me they dont have any (makes no sense to me since they are the mfg) any help appreciated. Really don't want to se this engine go to waste just because USAT won sell me a shell.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure if a GP-9 or other shells might fit, I feel the shell could be re-built if all the parts are there, being a modeler it would be a great project for someone. Post a pick of the engine with the shell on it.

trainman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve looked for both hp9 and gp38, it’s cracked beyond repair without a doubt. Part of it shattered. Because Meaway way that USAT, the manufacturer wouldn’t have replacement shells for their own trains sounds ridiculous

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
You might be able to make a GP40 out of it with a Aristo shell but that might be even harder to find.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For some this is a welcome puzzle and for others who don't have the knowledge to do repairs like this, it's unrepairable for them. If you don't post some pics, then we are just left to guess on what needs to be done.

trainman

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
When I visited the last Eastcoast show RO had many engine shells for sale. Contact them, and be sure to ask for G scale Mike.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
FYI, When I talked to Charles Roe Jr. on the phone not too long ago I had asked to speak with Mike in parts, and he said Mike had retired, so Charles took my parts order, and he knew exactly what I asked to get. He also sent an instant email confirmation of the order,
-Ted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts