G Scale Model Train Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts
Mark, here's the pictures for you...

This one's slightly blurry
-

- Both shots were taken with the cell phone camera (Apple iPhone 3G), & the cloudiness made for slow shutter speeds (& this was a try at an "action" shot
). I added some lead weights to RS-3's fuel tank to enable it to get 2 or 3 of those HEAVY
USAT coaches up the 3% grade. Too bad on the news on the availability (or more accurately, the lack thereof!
) on the Alpert - schemed RS-3's.
(Hope USA is better on the new caboose!).
Tom

I asked USA Trains about availability and just got an email:

"Mid to late summer

USA TRAINS
P.O. Box 100
Malden, MA 02148
781-322-6084

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 6:51 AM
To: info@usatrains.com
Subject: center cupola caboose

Dear USAT:

When do you expect that center cupola caboose to be released? I've
got a couple perfect spots for it."

I was hoping to pick one up at the ECLSTS. I'm guessing mid to late summer will turn out to mean something more like a year from now

Tom,

I don't think they ever planned an Alpert schemed version. Just the green and orange scheme, most likely the hot dog scheme. That's the one I like the best. My buddy Chris has a custom built RS-1 (S-4 shells, boards, and aristo trucks) in the hot dog scheme and it is a beautiful scheme. He also has one of the NH RS-3s like yours that he just retrucked and reboarded. I think he even painted the brass handrails orange. Looking forward to seeing the pair run together at some point.

Nice pictures, by the way. Those streamliners are great!!

Mike - I'd guess you are right on the delivery!!

Mark

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.