G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my Hudson for over 2 years now. As everyone knows these are very heavy die cast engines. Good adjustable sound system and plenty of smoke although the chimney stack needs a sharp 'blow down' to discharge air locks occasionally. My engine has never gone wrong in the time I have had it.
You can see it running on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afwIYcGQnRg

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Greg,[/b] You need one. I have had mine since the day they came out. I like it alot. It had two of the original smoke unit burn up, and the wiring, so I install a Aristo unit. The only other problem I have had was the gear box came loose and almost stripped the gears. I have ran it several time on 8'curves. Thanks Rex

·
Super Modulator
20,526 Posts
Sounds good. The factory assembled the smoke unit so it could ground on the frame and short out... first thing to do with a Hudson is open it up and insulate the mounting... gave a bad rap the the smoke unit, which is a good one... better than the Aristo, a TAS unit...

Got any extras Nick?

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
No extras Greg, but i can tell you all insulation issues have been solved with smoke units, no wiring issues and NO gear box issues. all my Hudsons are 2nd run and better production runs. they run flawless as exspected. i do know a good place to find a good deal on these.....

·
Premium Member
261 Posts

RJD

GREAT IDEA - I'd even cross the Hudson River to get me a Hudson (or a GG-1).

But then I would have to put in DCS to make more sounds...

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you put more sound into that, you will loose your neighbours.

Goodbye and good luck!
Trevor

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Posted By N1CW on 06/03/2009 7:10 AM

RJD

GREAT IDEA - I'd even cross the Hudson River to get me a Hudson (or a GG-1).

But then I would have to put in DCS to make more sounds...

Only tested GG-1 twice, i never use it so if you want it 1200.00 come get it.. Hudsons stay put. he he he

·
Registered
401 Posts
One day I hope to get one too. I saw it in person and love it. Also liked seeing it's performance in Nicholas' video. Another must-have when I get the money.

-Will

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Nick: Now you know I do not need a GG1 so now i will set your QSI to GG1s. HeHe.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nice photo main131 and beautiful engine. :) You just can't beat those USA Trains steamers! Great video too, looks like you've got a lot of work into your layout. Very nice

Chuck, very nice too looks like it's smokin up a storm! ;)

Raymond

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Chuck, Outstanding work sir, looks great and what do i see sitting on the table next to the track? is that a AML K-4 tender? she must smoke and run as well as the hudson. looks great more video of K-4 please HE HE HE.

PS glad to see you posting on youtube, now everyone can see your work....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts