G Scale Model Train Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
4 screws and a locking tab on the front of the shell, hold the shell on. After removing the 4 screws, push in on a point below the radiator to release the tab. lift the shell by the front and pull it away from the cab.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Here comes my 2 cents rolling in

Agreed, alot of information in a short time, but I must say that it is promotional to one brand and not a bashing of a different brand. I must say I am tired of brand bashing regardless of which one, it really doesn't matter. Don't we all hear too much bad stuff on the news now a days. I find some of this USA info very intresting. Some I can use, some I already know and some, sorry, I don't care about. It would be nice to have an "inside" promo person at USA to get some new ideas and products going
I'm sure there are many of us who'd like to see a production model of the SD-9 made - hint, hint, even though there are a couple of us insane maniacs trying to build one or two of the beasties. I guess something that bothers me is when someone says that they are going to make a model and it does not ever come out. It's like having your hopes and dreams dashed upon the rocks
That's why I have many 1/29th locos kitbashed from my shop that no one else has. Another thing missing in this scale is decent grain hoppers in OLDER roadnames. I've seen one company is making PS2 covered hoppers, but they are all post 1970s roadnames which does me no good. My big question for USA trains is "what ever happened to the GN GP-9 # 704 ???" I've faithfully bought EVERY GN roadnumber of every brand, but to this day have never found the GN #704 GP-9 and I MUST have it on my roster. Perhaps you might find one for me
Ah, I'm ranting and am in heed of a cup of Java, but the amount of info is intresting and perhaps we may have an "in" person at USA trains.
As far as brands go, out of the 800 and something pieces of rolling stock I own - now this is just the freight cars mind you. It is a toss up between USA and Aristo for the most in number, then I have 187 MDC ore hoppers with a smaller amount of other brands mostly Lionel tank cars and some LGB older run cars that pre date 1970. a donzen MTH cars and I even have a handful of Bman cars too. Huh what da ya know
It's not the brand that sells me, it's the model and roadname on the car as well as a pre 1970 era car that makes me buy it.

My 2 cents well spent...

Rocky

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
I rather like being ableto read the information that has been posted.

Why someone things the info should have been left on another website with only a link to it is beyond me other than to think it's self serving people that would want to limit what is posted on this site.

The LGB guys have the European Models and Prototypes as their own forum and I bet there isn't much LGB bashing goes on there.

Maybe Shad needs to create an Aristo Craft Forum, a USAT Forum and a Bachmann Forum.

Maybe, just maybe there would be less bashing as everyone could play in their favorite sandbox and leave the others to theirs.

Naw, what a ridiculas idea.

Just think of how many people would quit posting if they were to stay in their own sandbox and not be out bashing everything else.

·
Super Modulator
22,086 Posts
I'm kinda shaking my head, this was a hubbub last November, and dunno why it's bubbled up...

But since it's derailed, here's a link to my NW-2 page: http://www.elmassian.com...trong>

Screws are where the straws are. Read the page for detailed info.

Regards, Greg

·
Super Modulator
22,086 Posts
My post says "click here for Greg's web site" READ the red print please on my home page

After understanding, then go to the LS Trains tab, then motive power, then USAT than find the NW2 page. It is organized that way so you can drill down.

This thread is over 10 years old, things have been reorganized, my site is 750 pages that is why the "story" on my home page.

Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks greg.
i’m aware of your site, it’s a great resource, and i’m glad you mentioned it.
i am chasing the compiled “usa trains registry” info on usat passive rolling stock products, ie non-motive.
there was alleged to be a collection of pdf files from the folk participating in this thread back when.
(plans for a book we’re also mentioned, but all that seems to be black-holed.)

if i succeed in locating the registry i will post another bread crumb here.

thanks again, greg!
cheers!
hwn

My post says "click here for Greg's web site" READ the red print please on my home page

After understanding, then go to the LS Trains tab, then motive power, then USAT than find the NW2 page. It is organized that way so you can drill down.

This thread is over 10 years old, things have been reorganized, my site is 750 pages that is why the "story" on my home page.

Greg

·
Super Modulator
22,086 Posts
In 2009 he moved it to another place:

but I don't remember where it went from there, that thread dies in 2010

Greg

61 - 71 of 71 Posts