G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

It's been a while.
A friend of mine purchased about 24 of the new USA ore cars (actualy the old Lionel 1:24th scale ore cars). The cars are highly detailed as were the orginal Lionel cars. In comparision to the Lionel, I notices that the USA cars set close ot 1/8 to 3/16 inches higher than the Lionel. The more I looked at the USA cars, the goofier they looked because the set so high.

I've reworked a couple of the USA cars to lower them down and they look very nice.

I'll post the article within the next week or so as I don't have all of the before and after photos taken.

Cheers,

Marc

--------------------
.3 Ain't G

·
Registered
82 Posts
Are these cars actually the same -- reboxed Lionel in USA packaging? -- as Lionel only as to the dies used?
Presumption is Lionel no longer offers these cars.

·
Super Modulator
21,345 Posts
Did not try yet Nick, the place for the body mounts is not level and will take a pretty thick shim. Want to see if someone lowers them successfully, that will help minimize the shims required.

Regards, Greg

G

·
i'l be watching GREG as a string of these may be in ny future, by the way your web site looks great, between you, RJ and Ted lots of great info, keep it up :D:cool::)you guys along with Ray M and a few other have done a great service to myself and lots of others by doing your web sites, so if i havent said it out loud, THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU GUYS DO FOR OUR HOBBY , ALL YOU GUYS ARE CLASS ACTS:)
thanks
Nick..

G

·
AND P.S. I'M ONLY A PRICK ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS...hehehe /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif BUT I REALLY DO ENJOY BEING HERE AND THE OTHER FORUMS 99.999% OF THE FOLKS ARE GOOD EGGS..
Nick...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts