G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulls very well with 25 cars no slip 1 amp draw, out pulls my aristocraft pacific, mikado and aml k-4 so for the money, cant beat it. way to go USA another flawless performing loco, but sound and smoke have to go. will be shipping this one off to Ray for dcs..:cool:
Nick..

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
You have Aristo?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea bought them before i new how defective they were out of the box and how much work it took to get them running right!!!! every aristo steamer had an issue thanks again Ray for fixing them up.. he's the man....:)
Nick

Attachments

·
Super Modulator
20,526 Posts
You are right Nick, that sound system sounds a cross between chuffing a diesel and my new washing machine on the spin cycle.

You might be able to turn the sound off with a hammer too. ;-)

Regards, Greg

(Oh, RJ's and my ban is off at Aristo, but we're going to fool them, we ban the Aristo site for a week, turnabout is fair play)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup sounds is bad, im surprised you would go back after the way SOME of your so called buddies over there talked about you guys, but hay to each their own.most over there seem like good people but GOOD LUCK with the 15 or so morons esspecially the big one the leader of the broken train cult.......ooo and little one under his desk....when you need the truth you know were to come to find it and the facts:cool:
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
but sound and smoke have to go

That's what I thought when I saw the initial video. Perhaps it is not so bad in person. How much would eliminating the sound unit have reduced the loco's price? $50-$100?

I think I'd rather have no sound than bad sound.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
I might grab one of these when QSI comes out with their plug and play board for USAT locos. Installing remote control in that thing looks like a bear of a job, bit otherwise it looks like a great loco

That and the Aristo consolidation--the new one, coming out soon--would be a great way to switch to smaller steam

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
25 cars? thats likely more than the real one could pull. strong little begger! Anyone test this on R1 curves yet?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Victor i sent you an email yesterday with a video, check out other docksider thread, your welcome
Nick

Mark im thinkin USA thought maybe bad sound was better than no sound? but it is pritty bad, so off to Ray for DCS.and Ray she does pull stumps doesnt she... he he he

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
You call that sound./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif About as bad as the AC LS Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Posted By aceinspp on 09/22/2008 1:47 PM
You call that sound./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif" border=0> About as bad as the AC LS Later RJD

Nope i called it noise he he he:cool:

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Posted By Dennis Paulson on 09/22/2008 1:48 PM
Thanks for the videos , and info .
Now I have to ask , what are the dia of the curves in the video ?

4 and 5 ft dia....:cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do the docksiders also come with a whistle and/or bell sound? Could you post a sample before you replace it? :)

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Posted By Ed Harvey on 09/22/2008 7:14 PM
Do the docksiders also come with a whistle and/or bell sound? Could you post a sample before you replace it? :)" border=0>

The whistle and bell sounds are very good, it's the chuff sound that's annoying at best. Sounds like the chuff sound LGB put in the Stainz. Also, the volume is not ajustable externally. BTW, the top of the track magnets are higher than the rail head and interfere with the motor blocks on the NW2 and S4.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Finally watched the video of the docksider hauling freight cars...

Oh man that chuff is hard on the ears!! I actually had to turn Dancing with the Stars back on!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts