G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video was just sent to me..

Union Pacific 844 is ready for the 100th CFD run.
Just copy it and paste it to a new browser.. Sorry... I can't remember how to insert a short cut.. This took 29 mins just to post this thing. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

Sorry Jerry. It just won't work.. It changes and come up with a src=" and adds to the link or adds to the .." It all screwed up.. :mad:

[i](Here you go Noel, SteveC mod.)[/i]

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tks, Steve C. for the great help on fixing it. :)

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
Oh be still my heart! Thanks Noel W for posting. Brings back many fond memories of the 50's growing up literally on the CB&Q in York Neb. Up main line was at Colombus 45 mi North or Grand Island 45 mi West. Didn't get to see much of UP steam in those days. Not old enough to drive. Remember watching 4-12-0 three cylinder UP engines between North Plate and Lexiton one summer. Also when they moved the Challangers and Big Boys off Sherman Hill to Grand Ilsand in the late 50's. Did I get any pictures. Heck no! No money for things like a camera or film. However, I can still hear those distinctive UP whilstles in my dreams.
Noel C
PS Anyone know where this video was shot?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I was on board the train- it ran from Union Pacific's Steam shops in Cheyenne ,Wyoming to Denver's Union Station.
I was lucky enough to have been the guest of the Union Pacific and rode in the obs car. It was very cool!

Some pics-

Cheyenne Depot

Harriman Dispatch center in Omaha

View from a dome car

·
Registered
938 Posts
AWESOME Video and pictures! Ahhh the thrill of the chase! The adrenaline really gets flowing when you're chasing a steam engine like that. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Really cool to see the 6936 there too. :cool::)

Ok, I'll be the one to ask, what does CFD mean? :confused:

Raymond

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the way it came to me in e-mail from a freind that didn't know either../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif
Maybe "100 th. CHUGGING FOR DOLLARS. ????????" hahahahha:....Sorry Raymond...Had to put that in there...
I don't know....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Posted By Bucksco on 07/22/2008 8:23 AM
I was on board the train- it ran from Union Pacific's Steam shops in Cheyenne ,Wyoming to Denver's Union Station.
I was lucky enough to have been the guest of the Union Pacific and rode in the obs car. It was very cool!

Great pic's. of your trip.. How lucky can one get.. Do you reconize the area of where this video was taken?? GREAT photo of the Harriman Dispatch center in Omaha. Did you take them??? :)

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Rayman4449 on 07/22/2008 5:57 PM
AWESOME Video and pictures! Ahhh the thrill of the chase! The adrenaline really gets flowing when you're chasing a steam engine like that. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif" border=0>
Really cool to see the 6936 there too. :cool:" border=0>:)" border=0>
Ok, I'll be the one to ask, what does CFD mean? :confused:" border=0>
Raymond

CFD = Cheyenne Frontier Days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts