G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head couldn't stop because i like make more big locomotive. my dream is Union Pacific Gas turbine GE 4500. I figure math problem from drawing is 35" long. Almost like alot the half-unit my Virginian. Okay i'm getting start it on project GTEL 4500. Me and Marty doing crazy stuff turbine built! That my FA-1 will be farewell say goodbye my favorite PRR FA-1 this time building into turbine. Stay tuned and I'll show you my progress.

Cut the cab, Now i can use make rotary Snow plow and the cab building into gas turbine.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
RE: UP GE 4500HP gas turbine."GTEL 4500"

Hey Bryan you may want to put your old EL-2b builders log over there too. There may be some new folks who have not seen it yet.
Let the Block-O-Wood Revolution continue!
Joel

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Shad, i tired trying firgure out. I'm having problems copying to the other web site. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can you give me some pointers?

Joel, I was change my mind going for plastic it easy. I very close finish the cab. waiting for more detail.

new side grill I use door & window screen . I cut side big hole and the small piece .125" x .165 scrap plastic glue together.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
man you are going after it, Mines on hold cause I have vents to make and got to playing with the 250 ton crane...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Marty,are you going building a 250 ton crane?

Steamliner already gluing together.

I cut the cab roof then lower like phototype. The back of steamliner i'm trying making from phototype and drawing.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

Nice job Bryan. Let me know when she's ready to make her debut run. I'd love to be onhand for the first photo-op.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave, im trying .....:cool:/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif This is fun..........

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts

You BEST NOT get glue on that carpet,,you'll have to sleep in the dog house.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts

You're making fast progress. I will be following with interest.

Terl

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Roof has been glued already early then ready for roof detail. Marty -- you can go back to doing more work on your gas turbine.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts

Looking excellent, as usual...

Hey, I just noticed your pic in your avatar.. Man that's a great photo. That must have been taken by one magnificent photographer. It should be on display in a museum or something.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Bryan, you are the man!  That thing is going to look great when you get done with it.  :)   I've been really wanting to see a Gas Turbine and now it looks like we finally will.  :)

Excellent job in incorporating the wood to fill in the front part of the nose.  That looks like a perfectly smooth integration.

Thanks for sharing your pics and progress with us.

Bob, thanks for sharing those pictures too.  I've seen pictures of the 1:1 version of that engine, but never thought I would see a model.  :cool:

Raymond

·
Super Modulator
21,422 Posts

You know that Bryan just HAD to sneak a piece of wood in somewhere! Great looking Bryan!

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone.
Bob Baxter, Thank show photos the UP double end gas-turbine.

I been doing roof detail coming along. Now i have 4 motor block & 1/2" tube for headlight.

The headlight is 1/2" tube. I cut the tube and sanding it i can glued to the nose look alot better from phototype

Roof detail coming along. More work alot to on the roof.

Bryan

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Now see, I was not for sure you wanted to trade for the tender, I guess I better get moving.  I'm also remodeling our bath room as I work on train stuff, and make a living.
 who says winter is boring????

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Marty: Yes, I'll trade for the tender. I'm just busy on the gas turbine right now and am focusing on that. There's no hurry for you to get the tender done yet as it will be a while before i can get to it. By the way, want to remodel a couple more bathrooms? We have a couple you can do. I don't do plumbing (or electrical!).
Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I would like to see the prototype in action. Does anyone know of one of these monsters on film? I checked Youtube, but could find none.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts