G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
Had seen the post challenging Bryan, so was amazed to see it here this morning. If anyone decides to do it, they can email me direct and I can send higher rez shots, have a few other ones also. Will look at the video Dave, thanks for the post! JErry

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Jerry
i read on another train site that they were testing it on track thru Idaho and into Washington State

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
looks amazing, i've only seen it in person a few times. yeah, it was rebuilt at the same time as the E-units, interesting fact on the e-units, when they were re-built, the electrical cabinet and diesels were replaced with ones from retired gp-35's! so they arent e-units in reality, they are just verry pretty gp-35's :D

·
Registered
938 Posts
Wow! What a heck of a catch. Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

One thing I would like to know is how is it possible to find out when and where that thing will be when it's traveling around the country? I'd like to take time off to see it but never know when it will be around.

Raymond

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks Matthew, I'll keep my eyes open on that site. In the times I've checked the UPRR excursion page it never mentioned it.

George Riley Curry was the fellow I think Greg is referring to. George was kind enough to send me copies of the paperwork and engine specification docs that he used to model the engine. At some point I plan to scan them and post them on my website, but goodness so much time has passed I never did. If someone plans to do a conversion of one of these let me know and I'll get on it.

Raymond

·
Registered
258 Posts
Posted By Ron Senek on 04/19/2008 7:08 PM
Jerry
i read on another train site that they were testing it on track thru Idaho and into Washington State

Yes, it came thru Spokane the other day with a full business train, including two domes.

jb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts