G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have got t o see this video if you have not seen it already. I thought big live steamers were great. Thats kind of a toup sic That is one great toy

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put your video in above box with the B-29. I did not know how to edit your repy. Tha is a beautiful engine.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
That is a beautiful model and the skills of the pilot are something else.

I'll bet that you would certainly see a grown man cry if the aerial acrobatics went awry and that plane ended up nose first into a hillside or the trees.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Oohhh. Can almost smell the glo-fuel!

Warm summer days out at the flying field... It's been a long time :p

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I am not sure about a license but most model flyers do carry a significant liability insurance policy, usually $1,000,000.

This is just in case the aircraft becomes unresponsive to RC commands and flies on its own and strikes someone or something.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Ya think that was neat take a look at this one. I shared it here a couple years ago. My Father sent me this an email but the link was bad so I posted the You Tube link.

By the way that was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
FYI, both those vids have been around for a good while now, I also heard about a year or
so ago that on a subsequent flight, one of them crashed and burned, a total loss... But
for the life of me I can't remember for sure which one it was, I think it was the B-52... It
was said that it represented a $20K investment...
Paul R...

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
It was the B-52. The decided to fly it on a not-even-close to neing good enought to call it a lousey day for flying R/C aircraft. Supposedly wind around 30mph. That's precarious for even the 1:1 stuff. That's gotta be dang near hurricane force for the scale. There's a video out there and it shows how much trouble they had getting it off the gound and the crash as well.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The sad video of the model B52 crashing can be found here:

Model B52 crash

The way it looses lift and crashes was eerily similar to the tragic "air show practice" wreck of a real B52, which can also be found on Youtube.

And as far as way cool, this giant B29 model sure is amazing:

Giant Model B29

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Those are neat videos... to bad one crashed........ sniff.....

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
These crashes are why I "fly" model trains, when my trains crash all I have is a bent coupler or a broken headlight. This adds character to the trains

1 - 14 of 14 Posts