G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Two more bachmann bashes

4K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  blueregal 
#1 ·
Hi Guys
Still having probs with photos so apologies if the following four are a bit iffy.Basically this is an upscaling of an Annie.Shortened smokebox,modified headlamp bracket,new stack,brake pipes,larger and wider cab out of styrene,wider walkways and a repaint which isn,t complete yet.Tender is shortened with flared sdes,hungry boards,new rear ladder and top mounted air tank.

Second bash is an Indie,repainted and weathered,scratch built wooden cab,brass boiler bands.Tender has hungry boards,repaint and real coal load.

I've really enjoyed these two projects, what a great hobby this is.
Happy Easter to all
Bunny

See less See more
#6 ·
can't work out what went wrong with pics,the only way I could get them to post was to open them in my web space and paste them.The images are 640x480 must be me being thick which is not unusual.More Bachmann upscaling under way which I will post later on, a bobber conversion into a short caboose with trucks from an indie tender and a long caboose with wider planking and made taller.Thanks for enlarging pics again Torby.
Bunny

#10 ·
Sorry Doc but the tender is a bash I did a couple of years ago,the loco was a disaster and later became the chassis for my SPNG 10 wheeler.From memory though the chassis was shortened by 2.5inches or there abouts and the body the same taking the cut from the front.A new front was made for the body adding a wooden footplate overlay. The flare sides were added from styrene,the joints filled and smoothed.the air tank is a plastic tube originally the packing for a long masonary drill with styrene bands and piping added.The new rear steps were made using styrene rod,hungry boards, a remounting of the speaker to face upwards and a coal load completed the job.Ihave searched my files but there are no more pics which shoe the build.
regards
Bunny

#11 ·
While you have them open on your web space, get the url, either from where you type it in, or by right clicking the picture and selecting properties. Highlight the url, hold the ctrl button and press C.

Back in your posting, type [*img] (but leave out the *), hold the ctrl key and press V, then put [/*img] but leave out the *.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.