G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't have any photographs on the web at present, but this film clip shows an Accucraft C16 going under my waterfall on two different tracks, one in a tunnel and one behind the water cascade. I doubt that the latter is prototypical, but we wanted the visual effect.

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Make sure to use waterproof materials, from the guy who knows. Here's mine below, I also covered it with some old rubber pond liner to protect the treated areas a bit more. Worked out fine though, now putting in one for two tracks instead of one. Oh yeah, make sure you make it big enough for the 1:20 stuff, someone will bring one over someday!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
"I doubt that the latter is prototypical, ..."

Depends on whether you consider the Mine Train at Disneyland to be a prototype.

On the other hand, there were logging lines that ran track through active streams, so if there wasn't one behind a waterfall, it was probably only because of a lack of opportunity.

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Those are neat ideas.... I have one by my big water wheel but would like to put one on the back side of my Koe pond. Tks for the posting.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
I made a curving tunnel that runs under a stream/waterfall. I used concrete slabs and sealed them before covering them with pond liner and then dirt. The rest is done the same way as if I had just done a waterfall without the tunnel.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
I used a steel plate, with the edges broke up to create a drawer like box to go over the track, apply cement to the steel which makes a very nice looking river and water falls and prevents any leaks in the tunnel
Dennis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.