G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trees and shade,, VS leaves and sticks...

Time for more of the trees to go.

Took out a fee on the Highline.

This tree has been in many a photo, time to go.
And its cheaper to fix a section of track VS hire someone.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
What, was Carrie out of town? Cutting down all her trees like that. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Are you going to take a chainsaw and carve something in the stump? How about a duracell battery!!

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know , I had thought about carving Greg and RJ figures on the tree. Then next Battery Sept get together we can shot arrows at the track power giants. Then burn it down.

I can only dream.
You have heard of " the dark ages"

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Put em on Evil Bay they'll sell, cut them into millions of little logs, they'll sell, guy has a dog door on there now the dogs going in and out made what looks to be a rendition of a religious figure on it from the dirt and scrapings, and he started it at $1000.00 and it has been bid on up to $1100 now. Like I said before people will buy anything on Evil Bay, except when I want to get a decent or fair price on something then no bids or doesn't meet reserve. have had 3 engines on there one 3 times, 1 twice, and no sale.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Here is a link to the totem pole you need Marty.

Totem Pole

That one belongs to Bob from The Bob and Tom morning radio show.

Craig

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now Craig, RJ would love that one.
My wife thinks I will hate myself later. But I hate the sticks and crap now. the rest of my yard grows fine w/o shade, so will this area.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Marty lives in Nebraska City. Nebraska City the home of Arbor Lodge and Arbor Day. Keep it up Marty. The Arbor Lodge Police will be comming after you. Cutting down a tree in Nebraska is like painting the statue of William Jennings Bryan on the Nebraska Capitol Lawn bright orange. That is what we did after seeing the movie Blowen In The Wind...about the Scopes Monkey Trial in Tenn. in the 20's. We got part of it painted before being scared off... That was in 1959. I think they are still looking for us.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
With that tree being gone, doesn't that make room for more railroad? Many a tree has been removed for the advancement of the railroads.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had cut the tree tonight 8ft off the ground as a watch tower, then I cut it to 30" off the ground foir a bench seat.. so we'll see, I had one 4ft rail damaged by the elevator.. Now its cleaning up the mess. after work, in the dark,, OH ya, I have lights...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Yep Craig that's a keeper like that. BTW Marty the garden inspector can return and deal you evil. Watch what you say
Later RJD

·
Super Modulator
20,526 Posts
Yep, you can carve RJ and me on the tree trunk. You better be sure your tools have their batteries charged though! It would be funny if you had to use track power to do it! ha ha ha!

Shoot all the arrows you want, you are having fun with battery and I'm having fun with DCC, the hobby is definitely big enough for both!

Seriously, good move on the tree, anything that tries to drop leaves on my track gets a permanent haircut --- at ground level!!!

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stan
next year we will move the time up before the shadow, other photos have been fine.

WOOW does this mean RJ may come back next year???? Bring a white truck this time.

Greg, yea the winds this last year and the trees brushing together have made it a pain.. All these trees was small 10 years ago when the RR was started.. 10 years woow, thats my oldest RR today.

Posted By Stan Cedarleaf on 12/02/2008 8:37 PM
Marty, you need to cut the one down just off the driveway on the SE corner of the house. It casts a shadow on the MLS photo by the bridge. If it was gone, the image would be a lot better.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Rex and I will come in by helicopter next year
. Avoid the dust. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
At the rate Marty's going Next year we will be going to "Marty's Nebraska Desert Battery Powered Steam up"

Someone said they saw Marty on Craig's List trying to trade Max the dog for a Camel

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
I think Max should change his name to RODNEY, cause he don' get no respect!!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Don't worry, in a couple more years Marty will have an air conditioned bio-dome over his railroad so he can run all year long, in nice, cool rain-free weather.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts