G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My True Value is already discounting the Xmas stuff 75%. I picked up a string of 35 white LEDs ('pinecones'!) for $3.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I walked through the local Fresno Lowes on 12/10 and they were taking down all the Xmas display stuff and boxing it up. Not sale stuff just clearing the shelves.

Best,
TJ

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Remember the classic stories about Christmas?... where folk went and got their tree on CHRISTMAS EVE! Not much chance of that these days... all you can get now on Christmas Eve is Valentine's candy!

BUT! If you wanna have some fun... about 11 PM on Christmas Eve (or later, even early Christmas morning!), go to your local Gas/Convenience store, muss your hair a bit, run into the store, wild eyed and crazed, stand in the doorway, looking all over the store and say...

"Quick! What can I get my wife for Chrstmas?"

Then grab a bottle of motor oil, preferably in a red or green bottle, and say...

"Here, this is Christmassy, aint it... an' she likes red... don't she?" (Substitute what ever color bottle you grab.. or better yet, grab the red bottle and say "green".)

Pant heavily as you pay for the oil, then gulp and ask them to put it in a sack so it will appear to be a wrapped gift... then ask if they have any bows.

Don't wait for an answer, just run out to your car and drive away in a hurry.

I tried this once, but could not keep a straight face when the lady behind the counter doubled over in laughter on the first line.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 12/16/2008 2:41 PM
Remember the classic stories about Christmas?... where folk went and got their tree on CHRISTMAS EVE! Not much chance of that these days... all you can get now on Christmas Eve is Valentine's candy!

True, what I hate is by about the week of Christmas, nearly half the C7 bulbs on the house and trees burn out......and do any stores HAVE replacement bulbs on the shelves????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts