G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon be in possession of a Polo 940 crossing gates. Understanding what makes the gates go up and down is a bit of a mystery. They are electric and I need to know what type of switch the train can trigger in order for the gates to operate correctly. Anyone with knowledge of this old system would be of great help.

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
Take a look at the GBDB database
You can download the instructions which include the wiring options.
I just looked at them and noticed that the English version is wrong in one place as far as the power is concerned - the motors are AC motors NOT DC as indicated in one spot
BTW - the new product number is 330940, maybe that will help you find more info on the net

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the information. I have ordered 2 LGB 1700 train detection sensors and I have several Aristocraft train transformers that have an out put for A/C accessories. With this new information I would be OK to set the crossing gates up and get them working.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took delivery of the Polo crossing gates and have them figured out. I am using an 18 volt A/C wall adapter. The white wire from the gate goes to either wire on the output of the step down transformer (wall wart). The green wire raises the gate and the yellow wire lowers the gate. I plan on using two infrared LED sensors circuits to control the A/C voltage for up and down. There is a relay so when the gate reaches fully open or closed it disconnects the power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts