G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,824 Posts
experiance with storing trains in the attic

I didn't store mine - I ran them. We dry-walled the attic and I got to use it as a train room.

It was outside the a/c area, but when the guys did the walls, they installed 'troughs' of expanded plastic under the insulation, against the roof, between the rafters. These provided an air channel from the soffit behind the gutter to the airspace at the top which was vented by the usual end gable vents. I was astounded how cool it was, even in a NJ summer.

So my suggestion would be to put some insulation between the rafters and fit these air circulation channels behind the insulation. Good vents should help. A fan to the outside with a thermostat that turns on when it gets hot should keeps things even cooler.

·
Premium Member
6,824 Posts
love that chair its been with me thru 2 wifes and i cant tell you how many girlfreinds

Nick - that's the problem with the chair. She'll NEVER be happy about a chair that you tell her has been thru 2 wives, etc.

As long as she leaves your trains alone, go with the flow....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.