G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Nick, for me, it's either put them in the attic or set them outside forever. Den is filled--to my sweetie's eternal disgust, 16X24 shed is overflowing and I'm simply at my wits end where to store stuff. So far, it has been my experience that the attic environment has not adversely affected my rolling stock. No locomotive subjected to temperature extremes because of lubrication concerns. Attic is located in Northwest Florida where summer temperatures nearly reach 100 degrees F. Nevertheless, when I climb up to get some cars I want to run, I routinely discover nothing has melted or assumed an odd shape. I too worried about the effects of high heat but now believe that attic storage is not necesssarily a bad idea. I daresay, rolling stock sitting on an outdoor track in the hot sun is probably subjected to the same type of temperatures present in the attic. So hundreds await my beck and call over my head. Bob

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.