G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I passed one of these up when they first came out back in 1992 and have never forgotten it so today at a local show there she was,she is now riding the rails at the over & above M&M Diner RR

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
LOL! i purchased one of these when Iw aas working at a hobby shop at a clearance price well under $75 with my discount. It then went into long term storage and in my many myriad moves from storage into the basement and then back to storage i pulled it out and tossed it on Ebay. Sold on Ebay for over $300. Not a bad return on my investment. Glad you found one at a price you could live with.

Chas

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Nice find.

Great e'baying, Chas!

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I hear Aristo made a Budweiser reefer with "Flavor" misspelled. Perhaps I'll find one to go with my SOUTMERN PACIFIC reefer ;)

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
"M&M Diner" is it a real diner or simply the name of your railway? If its the real deal, where in Florida?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Posted By wchasr on 10/06/2008 6:47 AM
LOL! i purchased one of these when Iw aas working at a hobby shop at a clearance price well under $75 with my discount. It then went into long term storage and in my many myriad moves from storage into the basement and then back to storage i pulled it out and tossed it on Ebay. Sold on Ebay for over $300. Not a bad return on my investment. Glad you found one at a price you could live with.

Chas

I paid $100.00 I wouldn't do $300.00 but you did get a nice return on your investment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted By John J on 10/08/2008 7:47 AM
Nice Find But aren't your concerend that you maybe developing a Budwieser fetish?

Naw!! I'm more of a coffee drinker these days but I always loved the billboard cars and also drank my share of the suds, All the beer cars I bought 20 years ago I was afraid they would dissapear and become scarce but I still see them and they are at around the same prices now as back than.Now I finally can run and enjoy them instead of storing them in the closet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts