G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
The SARS crisis that occurred in Toronto several years ago has left the medical community and law enforcement hyper vigilant. Quarantining a hospital or old age home to prevent the spread of an illness is now almost commonplace here in Canada. It happens so frequently now that it barely raises eyebrows. Dennis.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hope our friend John Frank is not on this train. The last we heard from him he was going to Canada to take a train ride. :confused:/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
No Dave, I am headed up that way Thursday, May 15th. I am going to be on the Saturday train our of Toronto. I certainly hope it is not quarantined. That would really suck.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Via Train 2 The Canadian has now departed Foleyet Ontario and things will return to nrmal in a day or two. Via has limited equipment in the pool for The Canadian so we will soon see what they scramble for teh departure from Toronto of #1.

The news is still unclear about the health situation but it seems ... the passenger who died boarded in Jasper and is unrelated to other ill passengers ... they boarded earlier and have flulike symptoms. In any case, the quarantine was precautionary while the doctors determined the nature of the sicknesses.

Foleyet is located in the wilderness of northern Ontario - it is a former subdivision point on the CN midway between the division points of Capreol and Hornepayne. Road access in the area is quite limited and the town has a population well under a thousand.

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Quote from Wikipedia - 'The CNR Station at Foleyet was originally called Foley. Local legend has it that the early residents applied for a Post Office named to honour their former employer the Foley Brothers, but were frustrated in their wishes because the name Foley Post Office already existed near Parry Sound. The story is told that someone declared that "We want to name the town for the Foley Brothers, and we'll name it Foley yet!" and the unintended name stuck.'

Anyone else have a namesake town?

Apart from ME, he said with pride....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well...

Actually yes!!! Brades is the capital of Montserrat, and the village of Brades is in the West Midlands.

regards

ralph

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Hummm, anyone remember the movie "Cassandra
Crossing" from several years back?

Jerry R Barnes
Plano, TX

1 - 12 of 12 Posts