G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick Kelsey spent a couple of hours helping me with my railroad today. We were trying to resolve a problem with one of the Wyes on my railroad which has a very small radius switch and section of track on one leg. I did nto have any larger track sections so we could not fix it.

He suggested that I ask if there are any MLS Members relatively close to Shelton who have a Train-Li track bender that would be willing to loan it to me for a few days so I could custom bend my rail to fit the problem area, so I am asking,

Does any one living within a couple hours of Shelton Washington have a track bender they would be willing to loan to me?

Thanks for the help,

John.

PS: When we got done, I ran my Shay with RCS pulling 7 1:22 bachmann freight cars and a caboose for over two hours without a single derailment. That is probably a record.

·
Vendor
3,322 Posts
Posted By jbwilcox on 07/30/2008 11:06 PM
PS: When we got done, I ran my Shay with RCS pulling 7 1:22 bachmann freight cars and a caboose for over two hours without a single derailment. That is probably a record.

Isn't it a joy when trains run the way they're supposed to.... That's wonderful, John. Glad to see you're running.... :):D:cool:

Hope you get the Wye situation taken care of.... :)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
John,

Sent you a e-mail (on here). I live in Port Orchard.... Give me a call..

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick,

I did not get your Email. Actually, I do not know where to look for it. Would it come under my Hotmail account? If you can, please send it again.

Stan,

Yes,

At least my two Shays seem to run pretty much without problems. My Connie wants to derail about every time around the track, usually the pilot truck is the culprit.

Nick Kelsey gave me some real good instruction on improving my switches for better operation. I still have problems with the springs in the Aristo switches. I throw the bar and nothing happens, I have to move the points by hand. Really frustrating.

John

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
John,
I had the same problem with my Aristo switches. Finally they would not line up at all, so I switched to LGB switches. No problems since, unless a piece of ballast gets in a point. To send an e-mail to a user, click on their name and then click on "Send an e-mail." That should do it.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John,

Unless I am really stupid which may be the case, there is no message from you. I went to Private Messages and there is only one which dates back to March of this year. So I do not know what you might have been referring to.

Sorry,

John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts