G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
369 Posts
The TCA website states:
"Collection must be stored/displayed at collector's residence."

To me that says that you can not take your trains to use or display anywhere away from home and still be covered by the policy. That doesn't work for me.

· Premium Member
369 Posts
Jack,
J.A. Bash is also who I insure through. I don't know if the rates are different or not, and if the coverage is the same or not. The policy I have with them will only be issued as long as I am a NMRA member in good standing. I believe the base policy gives $16,600 of insurance for $110. Additional coverage is also very reasonable. Michigan Small Scale Live Steamers is a NMRA group. To belong to the group you MUST be a MNRA member. This is because we are covered at all club events with a $1,000,000 liability policy. The bonus is the Bash insurance. My homeowners policy does not offer the type of extensive coverage that I get from Bash at any price. I can get collection insurance with the homeowners, but that will not allow traveling with the locomotives to attend events. That would be additional coverage that they do not offer.
Here is a link to FAQ for NMRA coverage through Bash:
click here
Here is a link to the NMRA programs page:
click here

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.