G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I couldn't make it down to Diamonhead/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif; but I may be getting us some future "new engineers"!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

(My live-steam display at the Old Colony & Fall River RR Museum's annual train show, @ 2 miles from my house:)).

www.youtube.com/watch

:rolleyes:  Tom

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
RE: "TRAIN-ing" new Engineers!

Tom
Your efforts to get live steam into the hands of the youth is a great way to make the hobby grow, thanks for the time to expose today's youth to history and fun.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
RE: "TRAIN-ing" new Engineers!

Way to go Tom!
Hooking kids (and adults too) is one of my favorite activities as well; Ridge Road Station, Greenberg Shows, Chick Day, where ever I can.
You may have seen the picture of the young man whistling my Konrad bash in Scott's Scranton video and photos. Last year he "ran" my A-craft Shay and blew its whistle. When he returned this year I had him oil, water and fuel Konrad (I lit the burner) then he ran it for over 1/2 hour, watching the gauge glass, squirting the water bottle and of course whistling. Both he and his Dad went home with big smiles, very gratifying.
Next year maybe he'll want to fire the coal Shay.
Have fun,
Tom

·
Registered
620 Posts
Tom,

Can I take lessons too?  I already know how to do everything but coal fire your Shay!

How's the snow job doing?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts