G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great idea Jerry, think I'll do the same. We need to spread the gospel on railroading, model and the real thing.

Also, congrats on your article in Garden Railways.

Dale

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Congratulations on the Garden RR Mag and the library thingy Jerry, its nice to see someone you know get some recognition in our great hobby. Regal

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, probably a waste of time here in Nebraska. The main thing here seems to be Huskers/hunting/fishing and not much in the way of other hobbies. Many hobby shops have closed up. We were on the Garden Tour one year, had lots of people stop by and I got ZERO interest from anyone abut the hobby. We GR's are lonely people! THere are more GR's in the state than when I started, that's for sure, good club in the eastern part of the state.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
I was going to say Jerry
I gave up doing public stuff here in town.
good think'in any-hoot.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Jerry the display looks great but now you have nothing to run at home. Ha

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Pretty cool.

I still have 2 trains on display at a book store in Macomb. They've kindof given the place a character.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Our club had a small display at a 4H show. This time we are entering the big time. We are doing the Retrofest Festival in Chatham, a 3 day event. .www.retrofest.com. We will be inside the Downtown Chatham Center Mall and will have a 27' diameter circle to work in. The local newly started G scale train store is sponsoring us and making it possible for us to pull it off. His store can be seen at www.pineststation.com

Thanks to the exposure on this forum the Chatham-Kent Garden Railway Society has grown to two dozen members. We also offer a free on line newsletter that has also had a big bearing on club growth, www.swogscale.com .

I know this is a blatant plug but this is the only G scale shop located in south western Ontario. It is an area bordered by Windsor, Sarnia, and Chatham.

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Nice Jerry! Great idea, and I'm glad the library was open to the idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts