G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have posted a couple of videos of layout. Put a camera in front and cruised the entire layout. Thanks for your help with youtube Jerry. http://youtube.com/user/rail88lizard

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
That was excellent Ron. I've been wanting to get a look at your system for a while now. Really nice job, on the video and the layout. You sure seem to have the space, when are you gonna start up the "Ron's Thingie....aka Marty's West" ???

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Ron,

That has got to be the MOST REALISTIC mainline I've ever seen! Absolutely beautiful! Nothing beats the wide-open spaces in large scale. Truly believable.:D

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Ron

Maybe the following will be of help in including YouTube video clips in your MLS posts.

When you're on YouTube, as if you were going to be viewing a video. Just to the right of where the video is being displayed. Is the Subscribe box, at the bottom of it is a text field labeled Embed: as depicted in the following image.

[*]Click anywhere within the text field to select the HTML embed code.[*]Use the keyboard key sequence {Ctrl+C} to copy the text.[*]Switch to the browser window that has the MLS Quick Reply or Full Reply Editor open in it.[*]Then use the keyboard key sequence {Ctrl+V} to paste the HTML code text into the MLS text area.[/list]That's how I included your two video clips in this reply.

gscale track layout:

gscale railroad layout:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Thanks SteveC , I always wondered how that was done , simple .
Only difference is that I right clicked on the field text , then selected copy .........................then right clicked where I wanted to place it , and selected paste . Thanks again .

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Hey Ron,
That looks great, hope I was of some help on the upload, but doubt it! :):)

I subscribed to your videos, but did not get a notice of the new upload you did, thought it was supposed to do that? Anyone have any info on that?

I really think you have integrated your layout very well into your landscape, which is very smart, just work with the natural stuff there. Less work, and with 1200' of track you NEED that! :)

Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts