G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still building and installing the boards he designed. 1: I ran yesterday and manually shut it off, the caps held the charge, wanted to hear the startup. 2: Coasting to a stop, complete sound and change directions. Plenty of time for a switching maneuver. Still havin' fun.
EDIT: realized I should have just added this to the original thread.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Additional Toddalin design: Geep has the optional Time out circuit. The board needs 5V on track ONLY ON INITIAL start, and there is no stuttering as the caps still have power from the last use. Second shows there's plenty of time for a slow freight manouver, I have this one timed for 45sec. Yup, still havin' fun.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Building the last Super Cap board that I need. If you only need one or two a quick net search brought up several companies that build circuits to your specifications. It would be much cheaper than purchasing and paying shipping on the different components, not to mention much easier. Just takes all the fun and challenge out of it, but your old Sierra will never need a battery again. LiG

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
I assume that you are "driving" (actively controlling) the railbus.

I've modified my railbuses with the Phoenix systems for point-to-point, but I include everything the card can do, including the door slam (that shakes the cab), start-up, and idle before moving out. I also added a flashing red light to te hrear to let other trains know that these are active.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts