G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those not use to it make sure that you go set the "Time Zone" setting in your profile or your posting Date/Time Stamp is going to look a bit off to you.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I don't have any 'Time Zone' setting in my profile..... And I tried to add my website to the profile - No Go. Can't find an 'update' or submit' button anywhere. Lots of little problems, nothing really major. I'll give it some time.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sheepdog

On the MLS menu bar use Members menu, then 'Edit Your Profile' you get a whole different screen. Up at the top of the 'User Account' box click the 'Manage Profile' when that screen displays scroll down it's near the bottom.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Nope..... I can get into the 'Edit Profile' page but no 'User Account' box nor 'Manage profile' option. LOL!

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
It worked fine for me.

In the edit profile page, across the top are some headings ... click the one entitled manage profile ... the time zone settings are at the bottom of the page which come up.

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a screen-shot of the screen that I get when I use the Members menu & Edit Your Profile, I'm using MS/IE v6.0

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Just got an email from Shad and everything is fixed. I now have the manage profile options and was able to change the time zone.

Let me modify this answer..... and it may be because I'm using Firefox. Clicking on 'My Profile'  still does not take me anywhere I can 'Manage my Profile'. clicking on my user name up by the logout option does take me to the correct page.

Now If I can just find somewhere to turn off the signitures........

Craig

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, clicking on my user ID just to the left of the Log-out does take me to the screen I was referring to too.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
BUT even with the time zone set correctly, posts are still showing up with GMT timestamps for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts