G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over a three week period the GREATER VANCOUVER GARDEN RAILWAY CLUB and THE FRIENDS OF THE FRASER VALLEY G-SCALE CLUB in co-operation with Art Knapp Plantland and their train department set up two portable tracks and run both live steam and electric /battery trains.
Here, in three parts is some of the action which took place. Enjoy, Peter.
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Somoeone has a beautiful touch. The weathering on the CN consist toward the end of video two is very well done. I'm quite impressed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was at Art Knapps in Feb. 2005, and the trains were running. I am from Ontario. I would love to live there. A beautiful part of Canada.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the great videos, Peter. It allows me to catch up on the several days that I missed down there in deepest Surrey..
Myron

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time for Trains VI - 2015

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I enjoy running the trains and as a side hobby make the videos.
As far as the weathering is concerned, I will pass on the compliments to the club member who did that work. I am sure he will appreciate it. The local clubs have been helped by Art Knapp Plantland by both financial support and the supply of materials and equipment to place a complete garden layout and pond in a 30 X 60 area of the plant nursery. We thank them for their support. All the best, Peter.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some Lost and Found Video Clips

I came across a set of videos still in the camera from Time For Trains VI. These were experimental shots of live steam engines with their drain valves opened for steamy effects. Peter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very nice videos. I hadn't heard of Art Knapp but that is really cool seeing a garden center that also embraces garden trains. I know a couple garden centers in my area that certainly have the space that would be really cool if even on a seasonal basis brought in trains.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sjoc78, Thank you for commenting and viewing. As far as Garden Centers and Trains, I think it is a good fit for them to get involved,especially with the Garden Railway aspects, as it is profitable for them. However it should be considered a long term proposition as most people take a few years to develop an entire layout. Either way if at least one garden center got involved in each major metropolitan area, it would certainly be great for the Model G Scale and Gauge One, and Live Steam Hobby.
All the best,
Peter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts