G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a test of the DJP posting system. I have been trying to post a topic for the past several minutes, over and over without success.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is anyone else having trouble replying to posts?

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Madman on 21 May 2011 08:17 PM
Is anyone else having trouble replying to posts?

I have not recently had any trouble. What forum are you trying to use that is not working for you... seems the Forum Bugs and Testing forum is working for you.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still cannot post a reply in the normal way. I am being forced to use this quick reply. Some of the tools are not working as well. Like the font sizing tool. And when I want to insert an emoticon, I get a small screen that will not let me do anything but shut the tab down, forcing off MLS. With this quick reply I can't even check my spelling. What a bummer.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am using Windows Internet Explorer. The same system I've used forever. Greg is correct, J is my middle initial. I was merely poking fun at the Emergency broadcast system. Otherwise known, back in the day, as Connelrad. I'm not sure about that spelling.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has happened again. Just now I tried to reply to Chuck's post. I got knocked back to a blank "ADD REPLY" page twice. I was asking Chuck what he meant by his statement,
"This started about 6 to 8 weeks ago"

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
Dan, you may need a "tune up", you might have some browser hijackers/redirectors.

You might start by disabling any add-in tool bars from your browser.

Another thing to try is just install Firefox and try it... if it works fine, then you know something is wrong in your browser.

Simple test...

Greg

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
6 to 8 week's ago I could not post using the add reply, I can only post using quick reply. Is this a problem with the site or my computer?? Anyone else having this problem besides Dan and myself??

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
This reply is via the Reply button and I see the full tool bar. If you read this then it must work for me.

SteveC recommended using "Compatibilitiy Mode" and I second that motion.

Look at the top of the IE window and you will see the "Back" and "Foreward" buttons on the extreme left, then the address textbox and then three icons... the last one is a red "X" Stop icon, and before that is the "Chassing arrows" Refresh icon. Before that one is one that looks like a double mountain range, or a piece of paper with a wide zigzag through the middle. Click on it and it should remain the same icon, but ever so slightly GREENER in color. (Very hard for me to tell the difference between it being "selected" and "not-selected" unless I keep clicking it over and over to see it toggle from green to gray and back!)

Make sure it is in the slightly more colorful state. I think the page will refresh, but I don't remember for sure.(EDIT: I just checked... Yes, the page refreshes!) See if you can then do a full Reply. Once this is selected for any one particular web site (and not just per page on that site) it should remain set the next time you access the same site (i.e.: MLS in general, any part thereof).

I hope this is the cure. Too many people are having this problem (well. one is too many!).

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 23 May 2011 11:57 AM
HA! I just turned off Compability Mode and could not post a reply.

I turned it back and will click Submit again!

I think my experiment proves you MUST use "Compatibility Mode" in IE-9 to post replies in MLS.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I switched to Firefox. I already had it on my computer. My son has been telling me to use it for months, but I am slow to change. Anyway, it solved all of the problems I was having. Including adding emoticons, which would want me to close the page when I tried to insert one. I thought that I had removed an add on tool bar, but not being sure what to mess with, I think I'll ask my son to have a look.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts