G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okaaa... back to the drawing board... all I got was the friggin ULR line or what ever it's called...  Doh...  It's **** getting old!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Rick Brown
Pine Needle & Stump Pile Railroad
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When you added your post there should have been a tool bar. In the tool bar was a pic of a mountain. If you hold your cursor over it "Insert/Edit Image" pops up. Click on that and paste the link to your pic on the url line.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well hot dog.... thanks John B... I can now run amuck!!!  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Now all I need to do is up-load a few thousand pictures and figure out this builders blog/log thing... lol/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Rick Brown
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okeeee dokeeeee... what did I do wrong?  I resized my up loaded pictures to 60KB as per the instructions and they come out so small compaired to other picture posts... doh?

How are old farts like me supost to see "thumbnails"?

Rick Brown
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Torby.. THANKS.... that worked... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Now I only have to resize 10,000 more pictures... but like the wife say's.. it keeps me out of the bars....

Rick Brown
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Semper Vaporo... thanks, sort of figured that out... I think... and wait, I was wrong.. I think there is only 9,891 to post... may take a week or two to up-load them...

Here is someone I haven't seen in a while... :cool:

Rick Brown
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
If you are using Winders XP, see this topic:

http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/view/topic/forumid/15/postid/12210/ptarget/12595/Default.aspx#12595

Toward the end there is a recommendation for using MIcrosoft's RESIZER tool that you can get from MS.  (I don't know if there is another tool for other versions of winders)

I now use it and I like it.  I also just found out that it will do multiple files all at once.  I just highlight all the image files you want to resize and then select the tool from the context menu and away it goes, doing all the files.  Of course, it does them one at a time, so it make take a while, but I can do other things (a bit slower sometimes) while it is occuring in the background..

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charles... Thanks... that is cooler then sliced bread... /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Oh sure... now I got another program I can forget what I down loaded it for..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

Oh well... time marches on....

Rick Brown

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Nice thing about this tool is that once installed you see it as part of Windows. You don't have to remember "where" it is on the disk, it is part of the context menu that you get when you right click a file name. The real frustration occurs when you get a new computer or go use someone else's and it is not there!

"What goin' on 'ere?! Where's that menu entry for shrinken' files? It used to work! I'm sure it did!"

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We will bata test it and see if we can brake it... will see how it handles them 9,000+ files... :)" align="absMiddle" border="0" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" />LOL 

Dang.. now I have to work on that avatir thingie... then figure out how to leave a signiture thingie at the end of my posts.. and then... and then... and then along came Jones.... There is always something!!!

Rick Brown
Port Orchard, WA.

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Oh. In the signature, I had to put HTML code...

You're trying to link to a file on your hard disk, not on your web server.

I used html code like this:

To get this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts