G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MLS seems to have altered in the past week. The font in this posting box is much smaller than usual and all the smilies (except the message ones ) have done a runner. All the various Fora commencing with the ON30 one and below disappeared from my screen: they reappeared this morning.

I can't see a way to restore the usual post box .

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I did this with the post box:

More smilies that you could want.

Of course, I add some this way:

·
Administrator
5,727 Posts
MLS seems to have altered in the past week. The font in this posting box is much smaller than usual
The small font size is a result of the new Rich Text Editor. Shad will be making a change soon that will make it bigger. It's only small while in the editor btw. Once you actually post, the font comes out the normal size. all the smilies (except the message ones ) have done a runner.
Some of the features of the new editor (like the buttons to post images) are only available to 1st Class Members. Didn't realize smilies fell into that group. I'll mention it to Shad and see if that can be changed. BTW, I don't think the smilies below the text input box on messaging work anymore as that editor was also replaced. They just haven't been removed yet. All the various Fora commencing with the ON30 one and below disappeared from my screen: they reappeared this morning.
That will happen if you happen to click on the word "Forums" in the blue bar just above the Beginners Forum and below the News forum. It's due to the way the individual forums are grouped. If it happens again, click on the work Forums at the top-right of each page just below the main menu bar (right below your Login name) and you'll get back to the main page. I can't see a way to restore the usual post box.
You can't. :) That has been replaced by the new editor.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Dwight for the information. At least I don't have to waste time trying to sort out the unsortable. lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
Being in the well-over-60 group, I'm having a hard time seeing the type. Especially in Quick Reply. Any ideas? And please don't suggest new glasses; I have a vision problem.
SandyR

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
What computer system are you using... Windows or MAC? What browser are you using? There are several ways to increase the type size on your PC without inflicting an extremely large size on all those that read your messages. Some methods are already on your computer so you will not have to purchase anything or wait for it to be delievered.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts