G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I'll be doing duckle with mine, cause I aint getting one/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
We were told when we had our taxes done, that because of what my wife makes, that we'd not be getting much of a "stimulus" check. Seeing as her salary went up but our tax return went down I'm a little miffed but what can I do? As we are doing house renovations currently what little we get will go towards paying that bill down. When it is done ther are several other house projects to do.

Chas

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Since i have been unemployed since October, and the Govt, has seen fit to deny me from any i mean any programs that would help me in my situation, and i cant find or seem to get hired anywhere because of my disablitlity, and not being able to draw unemployment even with a penalty, I will be using his stimulas to stimulate my very existance, for at least another 3-4 weeks!! Then its sell sell sell more of my possessions that i have accumulated over my 59 years here on earth. Yup Puff not even "Food Stamps"!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif Hope it gets here this week!!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gif  PS I would give mine up in a heartbeat for a JOB!!!!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I'm riding along on the same train as Victor.  There won't be any stimulus payment for me.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Being a family man we'll be getting the allotment for my wife, my two kids and myself. Should be about $1800.00.

My wife will take the $1200.00 ($600.00 for her, $300.00 each for the kids).

I'll be taking my $600.00 and buying track..

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Susie and I have discussed using the stimulus as a down payment on two or three cemetary plots.  That would help take care of some details during a stressful time for our daughter, at some point in the future when the time comes.  I suppose it also could be considered a hedge against inflation.    Why possibly three plots:  To provide a family plot in the event of something happening to one of the grandkids before they become adults. 
JimC.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I doubt I will see any of mine. It will be direct deposited into my ex-wife's black hole...err bank account. We filed jointly one last time to try to get a better rate. It worked...for her. I got didly, and she says if I keep complaining about it she'll file for more child support too..../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
The cynic in me says to invest it so when Uncle Sam discovers that you can't rob Peter to pay Paul, I'll just happily return their money and keep the interest (though they'll tax that, too). However, the mathematician in me says to pay some bills, because the interest on those outweighs the interest on any investment at the moment. Doesn't mean I won't be helping the horticultural industry this summer, just that the money won't be coming from the government.

Later,

K

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Posted By East Broad Top on 04/29/2008 8:41 PM
" I'll just happily return their money and keep the interest (though they'll tax that, too)."

YEAH RIGHT .... HAPPILY....SURE...

Chas

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/pinch.gifPosted By ArticulatedAl on 04/30/2008 8:40 AM
What do you freakin have to do to not get a check wow.........

Well in answer to your question, they can find about any reason to NOT send you one it's they're trains and they are gonna play with them anyway they choose to.  I'm still trying to figure out how or why i'm gettin one, as they have found a way to shut me out of every other program that i really need, and pretty much qualify for, and they have shut me out on everything so far!!! So lets not say anything too loud ok, the stimulas is going to keep my wife and I alive for another 3 weeks, so don't tell anyone we had this conversation ok!!!!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif  The Regal

·
Registered
350 Posts
Posted By Dwight Ennis on 04/29/2008 2:18 PM
We have savings. That wasn't the question.   :)" src="/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/smile.gif" />

No, but it is one of the answers.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
        Hey BLUEREGAL, I have an idea to help you. I considered this my self. We all know that the Federal government almost always refuses to help 'AMERICAN CITIZENS'. Heres what we do. Denounce your citizenship and apply for a new one from an middle eastern country. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gifOnce you have established your new home from your country of choice, just apply for government aide. They will gladly give you money then to open a motel or convenience store. Problem solved.:):):):):):):) I really feel that you have a better chance to get goverment help if you are foreign or just to sorry to work. Its sad that someone who has worked their entire life its a rough patch and there is no one there to catch you.

I will gladly be spending my stimulus on a NEW TRANSMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess its better than walking/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/angry.gif

Sorry about the soap box speech. It's just been a rough week.

Jeff
Tallapoosa and Southern

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Mine will be going to pay my heating oil bill for this past winter.
I am making $1000.00 payments per month right now on my bill.
Ahhhh life in the Northeast !!!!!
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Tom Daly on 05/05/2008 7:26 AM
Mine will be going to pay my heating oil bill for this past winter.
I am making $1000.00 payments per month right now on my bill.
Ahhhh life in the Northeast !!!!!
Tom

My father used to buy it in mid summer when it was cheaper.  Got all we needed for the winter for around $600 or so, but that was 20 years ago!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts