G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Torby, I don't remember Little Tykes having a pedal loco. The battery one I have could also be used without the tracks. I never let the kids know they could have run the engine around the house; what they don't know won't hurt them or the furniture.

They don't offer it anymore; I suspect there were probably law suits that would discourage such an item.

Art

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
I have a pic I printed several years ago, so of course I can't remember the source, but it is a 2-2-0 with a baggage car mounted to it instead of a tender. The frame of the car was extended to encircle the firebox and acts as the cab. The car is a shorty, aprox 28' and the boiler 10' long as is the loco's wheel base, the pony truck has wheel fenders! Diamond stack and very small sand dome compared to a huge steam dome.

The lettering is faded but looks like; S&V over #1 and CMG below. Might have been a paycar as it has two windows; a square one cut out of the body for the fireman's window and another in back with an arched frame top typical of a bank window at the time.

My scanner is on the fritz so I can't send a pic, I know I found it at a University's archieves, but which? I think the road was in central Calif.

John

With the car body it looks like a 2-2-4 Mason!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts