G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Holy Crap... what a flashback... What was that.. '64 or '65.. I loved that show as kid.. Wasn't Dr Syn played by Patrick McGoohan (aka "the Prisoner")?

That's great Dwight..

·
Registered
521 Posts
I don't remember that version Dwight. There have been a few different movies over the years about the smuggling in parts of England.

My area of South Western England has always been a big smuggling area. It used to be contraband, generally in the form of alcohol: today it is drugs.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Oh my gosh!! Does that bring me back! I loved that show! I was only 6 at the time (I believe the year was 1967) and we watched "Disney's Wonderful World of Color" each Sunday! The Scarecrow was one of my favorite characters next to "The Whiz Kid." Thanks for bringing back some great memories!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/satisfied.gif

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Dwight,

The story of Dr. Syn, fictitious vicar of Dymchurch in Kent was written during WW1.

But a more interesting, and true part of history concerning Dymchurch is the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway.

http://www.rhdr.org.uk/rhdr/home_flash.html

I'm sure some Forum Members will know of it but for those who don't the link will be of interest I hope.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
I worked with Patrick McGoohan many years ago. I remembered the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh better than he did, I think. He was more interested in talking about the Prisoner, as I recall. He got quite...upset...when we switched the velcro letters on his chair to read "McNoogah".
Chris

·
Registered
49 Posts
OMG!!! That brings me way back!
I didn't see the first run (I was born in '64), but do remember seeing it as a child!

·
Registered
88 Posts
WOW ! Can't believe I even remember that show. As soon as I saw the beginning of it. Brought back memories. Always watched Walts show on sunday nights. Thanks Dwight !

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
I remember the themesong, but I was pretty little at the time.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Wow, Dwight. It has been a long time since I heard about that Disney show. As I recall, it was an enjoyable show. I wonder if there are any DVDs of the episodes around? Of course, since it was Disney, they would have to release it and it probably isn't worth it to them. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif Maybe VHS copies recorded from the TV broadcasts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts