G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
 :)    Several years ago, in Jonesville, Michigan, the question came up about an abandoned New York Central right-of-way.  The "grant" for the right-of-way back in the 1800's, stated that, should the right-of-way be abandoned, the land would revert back to the land owners.  After some legal searching, the Village Council was going to revert the land back to the present land owners... One family objected (they didn't live near there), their ancestors owned the land when the "right-of'-way" was granted to the railroad; therefore the land should revert back to them rather than the present land onwers.  After more legal research, the land was deeded to the present land owners because they bought the land.  If you think you have a claim the family was told, file a civil suit in circuit court.  They never did.
     So, you might check for similar limitations.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I wished I had saved the photo that I got via the internet.  A guy was going to build a house but his neighbor complained to the city that the house would block his view of the mountains.  The new home owner had a unique window built facing the neighbor.  It was a four panel, with the tops rounded.  The third window was about 2 feet higher than the others.  Sure reminded you of a certain gesture. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.