G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
RE: The Mother of all "busy-bodies"!!!!!!!

If there were a public road in front of the complaining neighbor...I might legally park a car somewhere...which might have a sign in the back window....

Now for the fun.....  WHAT SHOULD THAT SIGN SAY?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Posted By cmjdisanto on 01/22/2008 6:55 PM
...Ya know it's really kinda phunny in a stoopid sort of way. I mentioned the issues about fire season and we do have one of those here. It just makes no sense that people want to "protect" things so much that in a very real sense they are creating more of a danger by doing so. They want to protect this natural setting but with that setting comes a natural phenomenom.... 

Wildfires.

;)

May sound stupid to a lot of us....but there's an extreme form of "greenie" that STRONGLY prefers that nature be just that....natural...and wildfires are part of that.  They're particularly prevalent in the West where I live..and while I have some philosophical agreement with their positions, in practice, I find most of the detailed positions they take overwhelmingly NUTS!  In my immediate neighborhood, there are over 80 homes that burned down because the owners were NOT ALLOWED to thin vegitation.  

Perhaps these homes shouldn't have been allowed to be built where they were....but they were....40 plus years ago when being hypersensitive to nature wasn't so in vogue.  Somehow, we gotta get some sense back into property rights...and I agree with others...be sure to tow the line on building permits when you build your garden railroad...and good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Posted By cmjdisanto on 02/12/2008 8:36 AM
It is just simply amazing./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif She's at it again only now she's rallying the other neighbors to call./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif:mad:

So...what is she complaining about...and how is she rallying other neighbors?  Are now a bunch of neigbors calling the city to "check you out"?  Is this about noise?  Tree trimming?  Making woods into yards (cleaning)?  Working outside of your yard boundaries?  ....or is this another case of the developing "greenie" trend we're seeing out here in the West where "you're not supposed to be in the woods cause that's the animals house"...which has led to a lot of roads into the forests being blocked by gates and trenches.  Have you ANY idea what this woman wants?....other than to complain?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Posted By cmjdisanto on 02/12/2008 12:40 PM
Ya know Mike...... We just can't figger it out.:confused:

If this is bugging you....versus fun for you....I'd confront the folks.  Face to face ask them what they want.  And tell them you want the complaints to stop.  BUT...only if this is bugging you.

There are health implications to stress...from being bugged.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Posted By Bill4373 on 02/12/2008 2:04 PM
I wished I had saved the photo that I got via the internet.  A guy was going to build a house but his neighbor complained to the city that the house would block his view of the mountains.  The new home owner had a unique window built facing the neighbor.  It was a four panel, with the tops rounded.  The third window was about 2 feet higher than the others.  Sure reminded you of a certain gesture. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

This one????

By the way...the owner of that home says the window is a graphic of a cactus.....yeah, right.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
RE: The Mother of all "busy-bodies"!!!!!!!

This is called upping the ante. Not good.

Security camera...installed inside your shed...looking through a hole at your garden railroad...keeps it dry and safe. Get one that has an IR light...so that it works in the dark. Ebay has bunches. Some are wireless, so all you need for them is power. You're gonna need one to give you peace of mind...and lock the shed so it stays safe.

Agree with Duncan....ANY interaction you have should be video's with the time/date stamp ON...and sound being recorded. If you don't have one, use your digital camera to take photographs. MAKE A RECORD.

Make a file up to put all this information in...a diary. Add notes. Put EVERYTHING in this file.

If this continues...you're headed to court...and YOU want your records organized. Loonies frequently fail to organize....that's to YOUR advantage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.