G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I can remember a friend of mine bought a place down in Port Allegany, Pa. Not too far from Coudersport (former home of Adelphia Communications). The neighbor across the street was the local dentist and was buying up the substandard property around him and tearing it down. The house behind him sold before he got a purchase bid in on it. One day he came home to find the new neighbor cutting the pine trees on the border down. Regardless of whether they were on his property or not. The Dentist got so pissed off he applied for a permit to build "a proper garden wall" and it was approved. He then built a HUGE dividing wall that from his side is all nicely brick faced and provided better privacy than the pine trees ever thought of. Of course it is only cement block wall on the neighbors side. Sometimes it pays to be friendly to your neighbors. LOL!

Chas

· Premium Member
1,488 Posts
RE: The Mother of all "busy-bodies"!!!!!!!

Oh YES! The "you didn't grow up here and have no idea what it was like" attitude. LOL! I'm dealing with that now. Even though I moved less than 5 miles into another township I still get that feeling. mostly when I attend school functions with my daughter and see the other "dads" buddy buddying each other. Luckily my neighbors don't have that attitude or at least not as much as your seem to.

Chas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.